- All candidates fill out a detailed form describing their experience and qualifications.
- The selected candidates are then invited to a face-to-face interview where we will confirm the provided information and get to know the person.
- We perform a background check on each and every one of the babysitters.
- A minimum of two references must be provided—all of which will be contacted. We also perform a social media check. All the baby-sitters have at least three years of experience. To maintain the highest quality standards, they also complete a professional training with a special-education teacher with over 5 years of experience and take a first aid/CPR course. The course is certified by the Red Cross and renewed every 3 years.
All of the baby-sitters are bilingual in French and English.
Any other spoken language will be mentioned on their profile.
Most of the baby-sitters have a valid driver’s licence and a car. It will be mentioned on their profile.
Kiid sitters are now available in Ottawa! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
In Montreal, we service the following areas:
- Downtown Montreal
- Verdun and Nun’s Island
- Plateau Mont-Royal
- Town of Mount Royal
- Ville Saint-Laurent
- West Island
- Montréal Nord
If your neighborhood isn’t in the above list, write to us and tell us where you live. If we receive enough requests for a given area, we’ll add it! We also have some babysitters that are willing to go to other neighborhoods as long as they are easily accessible by public transportation. Chat with us or send us an email at email@example.com to ask for specific neighborhoods!
- How long does it take to book? Just a few minutes! All you need to do is select a location, date, time and fill out your profile.
- Are the baby-sitters available immediately? All of the baby-sitters are available within 4 hours notice. We also offer a last-minute service for bookings within less of 4 hours notice (for example it’s 10am and you need someone at noon).
- Booking period? You can book up to 6 days in advance. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require a booking further in advance and we’ll take care of it!
- Cancellation policy: We understand that things can come up. You can cancel up to 24 hours before your booking. Otherwise, you will be charged a $35 fee. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org directly if you need to cancel your reservation.
- For example, if your booking is at 5 p.m., you have to cancel before 5 p.m. the day before to avoid cancellation fees.
- How can I communicate with the baby-sitter?
Once your booking is complete, you’ll receive the baby-sitter’s information so you can call or send them an SMS.
- I would like to book the same baby-sitter every time.
If the babysitter is available their profile will come up first when you book. If the person is available, perfect! If not, you have other options.
- Can I make the same reservation with the same baby-sitter every week? For example, Wednesdays at 1 p.m. with Stephanie.
We love special requests and we’ll do everything we can to accommodate you. Contact us by email or telephone and we can have a chat!
- I really liked the baby-sitter, can I contact her directly to use her services?
The booking must be made on Kiid’s website.
Kiid invests a lot of time and resources in each and every one of the baby-sitters. If you want to hire one of them for a longer period of time without using Kiid, fees will apply. In that case, it is important that you communicate directly with us and carefully read our terms and conditions.
- Help! The baby-sitter isn’t here!!!
In the unfortunate event that the baby-sitter does not show up, please contact us at the following number and we will find a solution immediately: 514-819-1514.
- What are your rates?
- $22/hour – Pay as you go
- $18/hour – Subscribe and Save – 8$ monthly subscription fee
- These rates apply to 0 to 2 children.
- For 3 and more children, an additional $2 fee per child, per hour will apply.
- For our last-minute service (i.e. less than 4 hours notice), an additional $20 fee will apply.
- Offsite babysitting (hotel/event/office) : $28/hour, additional fees may apply
- Recurring service: contact us at email@example.com
- If you return after midnight, a $10 fee will apply to help the babysitter with transportation. If you are booking a babysitter for hours between 12:00am and 4:00am, the $10 fee is applied for each way
- Are there subscription fees?
There are no fees to sign-up to Kiid. If you choose to subscribe, there will be an 8$ monthly subscription fee charged on your credit card. You can cancel your subscription anytime.
- When will I be charged?
Your card will be automatically charged after the service has been completed and you will receive a receipt by email.
- What happens if I return earlier or later than planned?
Kiid only charges you for the hours you use. If your return later, you must inform the baby-sitter as soon as possible so they can adjust the schedule to accommodate your needs.
- What about transportation?
You don’t have to worry about it! Kiid takes care of the baby-sitter’s transportation. If you return after midnight, an additional $10 fee will apply. If you are booking a babysitter for overnight hours between 12:00am and 4:00am, the $10 fee is applied for each way
- Do I have to tip the baby-sitter?
Tipping is up to you: It’s completely optional!